Supporting your child’s learning doesn’t require any special materials—there are so many things you can do at home or while you’re on the go to help your child prepare for school!
- READ: Creating a love of reading will help your child learn for the rest of their lives!
- WRITE: Scribbling, drawing and using those finger muscles will help prepare your child to write!
- TALK: Asking questions and talking with your child will help them learn new words!
- SING: Singing helps your child hear the sounds of words and helps build vocabulary!
- PLAY: Playtime allows your child to develop their creativity, vocabulary and social skills!
Are you an early childhood educator/provider? Check out our Simple Steps to Success community resources.
Below are simple early literacy activities you can do at home or while you’re out and about: