The Des Moines Public Library provides test proctoring services at no charge to the student or testing institution at Central Library and Franklin Avenue Library.
- Application must be submitted 3 days prior to test date.
- Approval for proctoring is dependent upon staffing and room availability.
- Student must present a photo ID at the time of testing to verify their identity.
- Student is responsible for contacting school or professor to provide test or exam
- Instructors or students responsible for all arrangements and preparation
- Student must use personal laptop or electronic device to administer online test
- Student is responsible for incidental costs (i.e., postage, fax, printing).
Library Staff Expectations:
- Staff involvement is limited to the following:
- Check student’s identification
- Admit student to exam area
- Issue exam
- Periodically observe student as time allows
- Sign proctor form
- Specific staff will not be assigned to proctor exams. Reference staff changes periodically, so exams may be started and returned to different staff.
- Library staff is unable to provide one-on-one assistance or observation. If proctoring requires constant supervision, DMPL will not be able to proctor the exam.
- Staff will not sign the name of another staff member on a proctoring form or exam. The library will not proctor an exam that requires one designated person.
- DMPL reserves the right to refuse proctoring an exam that is deemed too restrictive or demanding.
- Staff reserves the right to refuse using personal or identifiable information to administer exam.
- Staff may return completed exams electronically or by mail if postage and envelope are supplied by student.
- Exams must be completed one hour prior to closing.
Central Library: 9 AM-7 PM Monday-Thursday; 9 AM-6 PM Friday, 10 AM-5 PM Saturday, 1-5 PM Sunday
Franklin Avenue Library: 10 AM-7 PM Monday-Thursday, 10 AM-6 PM Friday, 10 AM-5 PM Saturday, 1-5 PM Sunday