The Des Moines Public Library is proud to offer a variety of free programs to the community at all six locations. Programs complement other library services by providing an opportunity to highlight collections, promote services and share knowledge and expertise.
Presenters can be individuals, organizations, performers, artists, or educators. Programs may include performances, workshops, concerts, or informational presentations.
Thank you for your interest in providing a program at the Des Moines Public Library. Before submitting your program proposal, please review the following:
1. All prospective presenters must complete an online application.
2. Proposals are considered with respect to Des Moines Public Library’s mission and programming policy, staff resources, and the diverse range of learning, cultural, and recreational needs of the community.
3. Please be aware that libraries plan programs months ahead of time. If we are interested in learning more about your proposal, you will be contacted by staff. Not all applicants will be contacted.
4. Library programs are not an opportunity to promote your business or service. Programs must be non-commercial, and collection of customer contact information is prohibited.
5. Local and self-published authors can also complete the Self-Published and Local Author Submission Form to request that DMPL consider adding their title to the library’s collection.
6. Presenters may be asked to meet with our staff as part of the evaluation process.
7. The presenter shall not claim that Des Moines Public Library endorses the presenter or any product or service.
8. Each of our locations have meeting spaces that can be used by businesses, nonprofit organizations, or individuals. Meetings reserved privately and not through a partnership with the DMPL will not appear on the library’s calendar of events. For more information on booking a room, visit our Reserve a Room page.