Turn designs on paper into metal-backed buttons with our button makers. Button supplies available for purchase.
Use the button maker to create buttons for parties, events, presents, and even just to show your support for a fandom or cause.
What You Need
Button supplies are available for purchase from the information desk. The cost is five 2.25 inch buttons for $1, or eight 1.5 inch buttons for $1.
If you bring your own button supplies, please note this station includes a 2.25 inch button making machine and a 1.5 inch button making machine.
Patrons are permitted one session a day, lasting up to two hours (120 minutes). You may reserve time at the Button Maker by clicking on the link in the block above, or by calling (515) 283-4152.
Rules and Guidelines
- You must be a Des Moines Public Library cardholder
- For ages 14 and up
- Users under the age of 14 must be accompanied by parent/guardian
- Reservations may be submitted two weeks in advance
- Limit of two hours per day, per individual
- Walk-in appointments are subject to availability
- Covered drinks are welcome; food is not permitted
- DMPL’s Customer Behavior Policy and Internet Use Policy apply