Join us for a two-part class on how to use Overdrive's app LIBBY to access DMPL's library collection of e-books, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines-- all FREE with your library card!
*You must be a resident of Des Moines, Windsor Heights or Rural Polk County for access to DMPL's LIBBY collection. If you do not have access and think you should, please contact the library to update your address with us. You may need to bring in proof of address and a photo ID in order to update your account.
Tuesday, February 8: Part 1:
- What is LIBBY? How does the app work?
- Learn LIBBY basics including installing the app and checking out materials for you to enjoy on your device.
Tuesday, February 15: Part 2:
- Learn to search for items and use search filters
- Time to answer questions you might have about the app
Important Device Notes And Helpful Things To Bring With You
- Search "Libby by Overdrive" in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store to download the free app to your Apple or Android devices
- Make sure to bring your library card and know your PIN number so we can connect your library card to LIBBY
- Have a Kindle? You will need to know your email and password to log in to Amazon.com
Please preregister for this program. A limited number of participants allows for more individual help during the program.
AccessibilityThe library makes every effort to ensure our programs can be enjoyed by all. If you have any concerns about accessibility or need to request specific accommodations, please contact the library.
Indoor Program (2021)
This program is hosted indoors. Please observe social distancing and follow local COVID-19 safety mandates. Hand sanitizer will be provided and staff will do their best to ensure any shared materials are disinfected between use. This program is subject to COVID-19 safety protocol updates, including room capacity limits. Please check our website for updates.