Saturday, March 25 | 4 PM | Capital Square (400 Locust Street)
Best-selling novelist Sarah Penner kicks off the 2023 Authors Visiting in Des Moines (AViD) series as headlining author of the DSM Book Festival. Penner’s beloved debut novel, The Lost Apothecary, was an instant New York Times bestseller and remained on bestseller lists for more than three months and has been translated into more than 40 languages. Her much-anticipated follow-up novel, The London Séance Society, will be released March 7. The book is a feminist gothic whodunit story steeped in mystery and suspense, set in 1870s Europe, about two women on the hunt for justice who embrace the art of conjuring the dead.
Penner spent thirteen years in corporate finance and now writes full-time. She and her husband live in Florida.
- Admission is free.
- Seating is first-come, first-served.
- Learn about parking at the DSM Book Festival.
- At the end of the program, there will be a question and answer period. A book signing will follow.
- Books will be available to purchase before and after the program courtesy of Beaverdale Books.
- The London Séance Society (2023)
- The Lost Apothecary (2021)
Sarah on the Web
- Publisher's Weekly review of The London Séance Society
- Reviews of The Lost Apothecary
- The London Séance Society buzz