Is your kiddo nervous about going to the doctor or dentist? Would you like some ideas about healthy foods for your family? Would you like information about ways to keep your family safe? Join us at Central for a health fair!
- Dr. Stephanie Stitt-Cox from the Iowa Clinic will read her book "My Doctor and Me ABC". Families in attendance will receive a free copy of her book, while supplies last.
- Dental hygienist Tanya Heringer from Every Step will be onsite to provide quick oral exams and fluoride treatments.
- Mae McCarty from ISU Extension will provide ideas for healthy snacks and help us set SMART goals for the new year.
- A volunteer from Polk County Health will share information about their "Talk It Up, Lock It Up" campaign and hand out free gun locks.
- A volunteer from Iowa Total Care will provide information about making healthy choices.
- We will have materials from Community Youth Concepts to help caregivers navigate tough conversations with their kiddos.
- Cadynce Mather from HyVee KidsFit will bring giveaways and a movement activity for the kids.
This program is designed for children and accompanying adults. Please plan to attend and be engaged with your child for this program. Drop offs will not be permitted.
Free library parking is available in Central's underground parking garage for two hours per visit. Parking around the library is metered at various costs from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday.