About John Sanford
- John Sandford was born John Roswell Camp in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He graduated from Washington High School.
- He is a graduate of the University of Iowa with a BA in American Studies and MA in journalism.
- He served two years in the U.S. Army in Korea with the 4th U.S. Army Missile Command as Army Reporter.
- He took writing courses at the Iowa Writers' Workshop at the University of Iowa.
- He wrote articles for The Daily Iowan.
- He won the Pulitzer Prize in 1986 for a series of stories on the Midwest farm crisis.
- He was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 1980 for a series of stories on Native American culture.
About the Iowa Author Awards Dinner
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- 5:30-6:30 PM: Reception and silent auction
- 6:30-9:00 PM: Dinner and program
- Tickets: $200. Includes dinner, program, and copy of Sandford's new book Bloody Genius. Tickets available.
- Sponsorships available (sponsorship form)
- Live and silent auctions
- Proceeds help support the library's many programs, services, and technology upgrades
Iowa Author Awards Sponsors
- Publisher's Prize Sponsor: The Des Moines Register, Part of the USA Today Network
- Heritage Sponsors: Chuck Rohm, Walt Smith Family Foundation
- Bestseller Sponsors: Anonymous, Charlotte and Fred Hubbell, Principal, Wells Fargo, Kay and Bob Riley, Deborah and Douglas West
Contact the DMPL Foundation at 515-412-0180 or email@example.com for more information.