Jump to navigation
Who May Use
- One user of the room must show a valid DMPL library card to check out the room. This user is responsible for the condition of the room.
- Study room use is limited to users with a library card balance of no more than ten dollars.
- At least one member of a group using the study room must be 14 years old.
- Rooms may not be used for commercial or business purposes, with the exception of paid tutors.
- Reservations are limited to two hours and are made on the hour and half hour. Rooms are available free of charge.
- Study room users may not sign up for more than one two-hour session per day. A person who has used a study room as a member of a group may not be assigned another study room the same day.
- Study rooms are reserved during regular library hours, up to thirty minutes before closing. Rooms must be vacated fifteen minutes before the library closes.
- If after ten minutes a group fails to appear, the reservation may be cancelled by staff and reserved for another group.
- Study rooms at the Central Library may be reserved up to two weeks in advance at the Information Desk, by calling 515-283-4152, ext. 3, or by emailing email@example.com..
- Study rooms at the branch locations must be reserved in person on a first come basis. Advance reservations are not accepted.
- For information about reserving a larger room or for more than two hours, visit Des Moines Public Library Meeting Rooms.
Study Room Use Regulations
- Study room users are expected to follow the guidelines of the Des Moines Public Library Customer Behavior Policy.
- Users are responsible for leaving the rooms in a neat and orderly condition, with trash put into the proper container. Failure to do so may result in the denial of future room requests.
- The library is not responsible for the loss of or damage to any equipment owned or rented by an individual or group using a study room.
- At least one member of the group must stay in the room at all times. Empty rooms may be assigned to another group.
- The door must remain unobstructed. Windows on room doors must remain uncovered.