NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The MyDMPL Con Cosplay Contest will be held on Sunday, May 6, in the meeting room wing at the Central Library. To enter, please complete the registration form and deposit it in the entry box located in Meeting Room 1.
- Des Moines Public Library employees and officers are not eligible to participate.
- All contestants MUST register by 4:00PM and must have completed costumes.
- All regular library policies still apply.
- No real or prop weapons, pyrotechnics, fluids or gases will be allowed as part of a costume.
- Submission of entry constitutes permission to use entrant’s name and entry or photo, if chosen as a winner, for purposes of marketing and promotion on behalf of the Des Moines Public Library, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- All contestants and/or legal guardians must sign a waiver for photography, which can/will be used in future promotions.
- Judges are not responsible for researching costumes and characters. Photos of character likeness will be allowed upon submission.
- No nudity or semi-nudity allowed. This is a family event; please use discretion with your costume and content.
- The judge’s rulings are final and participants must be present to win.
- Participants are welcome to register for both the group and individual categories if they so choose.
Winners will be notified at approximately 4:45 PM. Prizes can be picked up when the contest winners are announced. Five prizes will be awarded with an approximate value of $20 each, one for each category as follows: Ages 0-5, Ages 6-11, ages 12-17, ages 18+, and Family/Group.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution or exchange for cash in lieu of prize, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. By participating and winning a prize, winners release Sponsor and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability with respect to the prize.
Subject to all U.S. federal, Iowa state and local laws and regulations. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners.
Des Moines Public Library, 1000 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA, is the Sponsor and promoter of this contest.
For a list of prize winners, available after Monday, May 7, send an email to the Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org.