Whether you're just starting to think about purchasing your own home or getting ready to make repairs, our handy panel of experts can help you find your way!
Buying a house can be an overwhelming process, but there are several resources available to Des Moines residents free of charge. Hear from the Neighborhood Finance Corporation about forgivable grants and home repair loans. The Financial Empowerment Center provides free financial counseling to help you plan to reach your goals. Learn about forgivable grants, selecting a contractor, and how mortgages work and ask questions from people who know the process inside and out!
Participants will also be entered into a drawing to win one of ten gift cards to the Slow Down Coffee Co.
If you are new to Zoom, click here for basic instruction and tips.
For more in-depth instruction, click here for Zoom support. Feel free to join the program early (the waiting room will open at 9:45) if you want to test out Zoom and get comfortable before the program starts.
This program will not be recorded.
Guidelines for DMPL Virtual Programs
- All lines will be muted upon entry to the meeting. This makes it easier for everyone to hear.
- Do not post links in the chat.
- Raise your hand or request in the chat if you would like to be called on.
- Keep yourself muted until you speak. The host may mute you if this guideline is not followed.
- We will ask that your video/audio remain off until you enter your Breakout rooms.
- Be mindful of your video and what can be seen in your background.
- Participants are expected to follow the guidelines for virtual programs. Disruptive or disrespectful behavior may result in removal from the program.