Program Type:Book Clubs
Every season, roughly every 3 months, we move on to explore the ins and outs of a new genre. For the Fall (August, September, October), we are travelling to the past with historical fiction!
Our October book is News of the World by Paulette Jiles.
This program has limited space and requires registration. After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with the link and password to the Zoom meeting.
After you register, copies can be picked up at the Central Library pick-up window. Books will only be given to those who are on the registration list (please wait until the day after you register to pick up your book to allow staff to update their list).
If you are new to Zoom, click here for basic instruction and tips.
For more in-depth instruction, click here for Zoom support. Feel free to join the meeting early (it will open at 6:15) if you want to test out Zoom and get comfortable before the program starts.
Guidelines for DMPL Virtual Programs
- All lines will be muted upon entry to the meeting. This makes it easier for everyone to hear.
- Please double check to make sure your video/audio is working before the meeting.
- Raise your hand or request in the chat if you would like to be called on.
- One person per video/microphone.
- Keep yourself muted until you speak. The host may mute you if this guideline is not followed.
- Be mindful of your video and what can be seen in your background.
- Do not post links in the chat.
- Participants are expected to follow the guidelines for virtual programs. Disruptive or disrespectful behavior may result in removal from the program.
- The meeting will be closed 5 minutes after the end of the program.