Age Group:All Ages
We invite you to join unevictIA for the launch of MIND THE MAP - an eviction mapping exhibit focused on housing vulnerability in Iowa. Through interactive encounters with housing instability data and perspectives on local housing issues, you will engage our housing system and explore opportunities to create a stable and accessible future for all.
Youth activity kits with basic supplies will be available at the Central Library while supplies last.
This youth art activity is made available to support youth’s understanding of housing issues, in particular housing instability, evictions, and the role of community support networks in creating stable environments at the individual and community levels. Through this activity, youth will explore their own housing stories by using everyday art materials to construct the places they call home and the individuals and communities that keep their homes stable. We encourage adults to complete the activity with youth and use the guiding questions inside the kits to facilitate a reflection on housing, community, and well-being.
If you are new to Zoom, click here for basic instruction and tips.
For more in-depth instruction, click here for Zoom support.
This program will not be recorded.
Guidelines for DMPL Virtual Programs
- All lines will be muted upon entry to the meeting. This makes it easier for everyone to hear.
- Do not post links in the chat.
- Raise your hand or request in the chat if you would like to be called on.
- Keep yourself muted until you speak. The host may mute you if this guideline is not followed.
- Be mindful of your video and what can be seen in your background.
- Participants are expected to follow the guidelines for virtual programs. Disruptive or disrespectful behavior may result in removal from the program.
This program is designed for children and accompanying adults. Please plan to attend and be engaged with your child for this program. Drop offs will not be permitted.
Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by a caregiver over 12 years old.
This program is hosted indoors. Please observe social distancing and follow local COVID-19 safety mandates. Hand sanitizer will be provided and staff will do their best to ensure any shared materials are disinfected between use. This program is subject to COVID-19 safety protocol updates, including room capacity limits. Please check our website for updates.