- Borrowers will be asked to update address information annually.
- Library cards come up for renewal every third year.
- Expired library cards will be purged from the database if not used for three years and there are no blocks.
- Cards for temporary borrowers expire after 90 days.
- Cards can be renewed in person or by calling (515) 283-4152.
Changes of Address
- Borrowers must provide documentation to verify address changes. A current driver’s license or state ID card with correct current address will meet this requirement.
Acceptable proof of permanent address:
- Billing statement received at the address
- A check with printed address
- Voter registration card
- Rental agreement
- Car registrations
Lost and Stolen Cards
- A lost or stolen card should be promptly reported to the DMPL.
- A $1.00 fee is charged to replace lost cards that have not expired.
- There is no replacement fee to replace a stolen card.
- Identification is required to replace lost or stolen cards.