Beginning Tuesday, November 17, the use of public computers, the DOT Kiosk, microfilm and other print/fax/copy services at Central Library will require an advanced reservation. (Public computers will not be available for use at any other DMPL location. Read about that decision HERE.)
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
Need to use the Iowa DOT Kiosk on the second floor of Central Library? Book a session HERE.
How it works:
- Appointments for essential computer use may be made by calling (515) 283-4152, or by scheduling online.
- A guest with a reservation may not bring any other guests into the library.
- Each computer session is limited to 45 minutes.
- Regular printing charges apply.
- Individuals who arrive late to their designated reservation time may lose their session.
- In order to maintain social distancing recommendations, only 12 computers will be available for public use.
- Masks are REQUIRED at all times while you are in the library building. Any visitor who feels unwell or is experiencing active flu/viral symptoms may not enter the library.
- The rest of the library will be closed to visitors during this time – visitors are limited to computer use ONLY.
- Staff will NOT provide personal computer assistance.
When you arrive:
- Central Library parking garage is open. Metered parking is also available on Grand Avenue and Locust Street.
- Please use the 10th Street or Locust Street entrances. The north side (Grand Avenue) building entrance is closed.
- Please arrive five minutes before your appointment time and a staff member will let you in and direct you to a computer.
- Face masks must be worn at all times inside the library.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer and follow all social distancing guidelines.
- Upon entry, follow a library staff member to your assigned computer, keeping at least a 6-foot distance.