The Des Moines Public Library is happy to present our FY2017 Annual Report to the community. I urge you to take a moment and page through this report to learn about our services and the work that the staff and Library Board of Trustees do to improve the quality of life for the Des Moines community.
For the last 150 years we have:
- Provided leadership in early childhood literacy
- Encouraged a community of enthusiastic readers
- Supplied information and connections for local residents
- Offered resources, services, and programs for lifelong learning
- Provided education and equipment to help close the digital divide
- And so much more!
Public libraries provide space for people to learn, create, and share. We supply the tools that inform, educate, and help people make connections. Through our offerings of books, music, and movies we provide a lifetime’s worth of literature and entertainment.
So, take a moment to enjoy this annual report. Please visit any of our six library locations, go to our website—dmpl.org—or join us on any of our social media outlets. These are the services our residents have come to rely upon. Take advantage of all that we have to offer at the Des Moines Public Library.